Friday 15 June 2012

Five objects to take to a desert island

I am often asked what five objects I would take with me to a desert island.

The thought of having to leave the comfort of extensive country estate brings a tear to my eye (less so the thought of never having to visit Primark ever again).

As the question is so oft asked of me, I thought I would once and for all make a posting.

Here are the five items I would take to a desert island, in no particular order:

~



A couple of bottles of 1907 Heidsieck champagne take pride of place in my wine cellars.  The champagne was originally shipped to a Russian imperial family in 1916, but the vessel was shipwrecked and 200 bottles ended up on the bottom of the ocean for the next 80 years.  Selling at $275,000 per bottle, I do think it's one of the nicest beverages and I often drink it in the bath.  I sometimes even bathe in the champagne, as it leaves the skin feeling like velvet.



~



I don't know what it is exactly, but I just can't do without this little 'tonic', in the form of an energising yellow and green capsule, taken once a day.

~
 
Everywhere I go, whether it's lunching with a Scottish Baroness, or giving a gala performance in London, I ensure I'm readily prepared for the unknown and keep a little brown bottle in my purse, as a kind of mid-afternoon pick-me-up.  I'm often seen in the Ladies, during interval, having a good sniff.  The only problem I've found is they don't sell them in my darling Liberty's or any of the uber-chic London boutiques I like to visit.

 ~


I've always had a thing about young squaddies.  So virile.  He visits me for long weekends.

~

Finally, my fifth and last item:

Yes, that's right: a vintage video camera.  I'm a collector of vintage things.  Whilst it's fairly old, it still records great film.  I like to make lots of films.  Usually just myself and a ripped young man.  I think you'll find there's some films on the internet of just the two of us together.


No comments:

Post a Comment