Friday 10 July 2015

Share the Portuguese Love!

I'm currently away on a very long trip to Portugal.   It's particularly lovely being here.   The climate is warm and sunny, and the beaches are to die for.   This is Praia Ribeiro do Cavalo, a lovely wild beach I visited yesterday.  No, it's nowhere near the Algarve, but close to Sesimbra, a fascinating city 40km south of the capital, Lisboa.   This area of Portugal does not seem to attract the droves of British tourists in the same way the Algarve does. 



Having spent so much time at the beach, I've also had a chance to check out the local talent.   

Portuguese men are adorable; they just don't look like English men.  Here is Pedro, a fisherman (apparently) from the village of Fonte da Telha.  He showed me his fishing boat yesterday evening and I spent a good deal of time on my back inspecting his tackle.


 
So I thought for this blog entry that it would be nice to share the love, so I am sending each one of my favourite friends a Portuguese man, especially handpicked and tested by moi.

To Mitzi, ClutterfromtheGutter, I am sending Bruno.  I hope you have lots of fun with him.

 ***

To Miss Scarlet, Wonky-Words, I am sending João.   He wants to teach you gymnastics.




 ***

To Mistress Maddie, A Day with Mistress Borghese, I am sending Filipe.   He is very good with his hands.


***

To Jane Hattatt, the Hattatt blog, I am sending Victor... you lucky girl!
*** 
 To 63mago I send you this hunk of a man

   
***

To Miss MJ, of the Infomaniac blog, I am sending Rodrigo


***

And for Princess of Palais de Steff  I send you Martim, the pool boy.


 
***
And for IvyBlack I send Nuno.  


***

And, last, but by no means least, to my lawyer, Kathleen in London, I send you Freddie.



***

Please note there is no Returns Policy and the package will arrive in 7-10 days (subject to customs clearance) in a plain brown box with no indication of what lies inside.   With regard to the Exchange Policy, there isn't one.   My advice for keeping your Portuguese houseboy would be: do with him what you wish!  My suggestion would be to dress him in a tiny pink posing-pouch and make him dust the top shelf while you lie on the chaise-longue peeling grapes and watching Corrie.

8 comments:

  1. Oh darling Fanny, I just wish I could join you on holiday on the Portuguese sea side....and lets hope Basil doesn't add any more bobbers! Meanwhile thank you for the treasured lovely gift...he will must definitely come in handy poolside. Although many of the delectable men look like some houseboys I've had that went MIA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fanny for your generous gift, I'm overjoyed and perfect timing too, as I've just had my under carriage Naired. I await his arrival with open legs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!!! I am in a tither of anticipation. Gymnastics!!! My favourite sport.
    Have a lovely time!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Miss Love. Whilst you are enjoying the sun, I will be enjoying young Nuno there. Look, he's pleased to see me, bless him.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Thank You Fanny - you are so generous ! I'll call him "Hunky" and use him as Armleuchter !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Onde você está? Send me another lover. I'm bored with Bruno.

    ReplyDelete