Sunday 2 December 2012

Dinosaurs in Borehamwood

I've made an interesting discovery: dinosaurs are still alive and roaming in certain parts of southern England!

To my mild surprise, I saw a real, live dinosaur, on the outskirts of the town of Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.   (Or I think I did?)

Juan was driving me down the A1 on Monday.  The A1 has absolutely nothing to do with the top-ranking A1 socio-economic group which I belong to;  in this instance, 'A1' is simply a name for the longest numbered road in the UK; at 410 miles, connecting London with Edinburgh, it has the misfortune of passing through many instantly-forgettable towns such as Peterborough and Doncaster.    


As we were heading south, passing by Borehamwood, I noticed a Tyrannosaurus Rex grazing off to the left of the dual carriageway.  Here is a shot I got on my mobile phone:


I hope that this endangered, rare, yet beautiful animal will be allowed to be reintroduced to England.

Quite what this one was doing beside the A1, I haven't the slightest idea, but a sighting is surely the only reason one would visit Whorehamwood.

Pass the sherry, please.

1 comment:

  1. I live in Cockfosters, North London, not far at all from this place, and I know the dinosaur you are talking about. It's part of the Dinosaur Theme Park in Borehamwood. It must be alarming to see a Pterodactyl or a Fannysaurus Rex when you're driving down the A1.

    ReplyDelete