Friday 24 February 2012

Castle Combe - one of my favourite villages


This is a photo I took about a month ago, during the unexpected snowfall.  It is the village of Castle Combe, in North Wiltshire.  Dr Doolittle, the film, was shot here and it is often cited as the most beautiful village in England. 

Set in a deep wooded valley, with the Bybrook flowing through, the village consists of 15th-century Cotswold stone cottages, a turreted church, a stone-canopied market cross and a medieval manor house.  Although it is a good 1 hour drive from my home in East Wiltshire, I visit the village often, but for more debaucherous reasons:



He's one of my favourite toy-boys.   I always have a good time with him, coming back utterly exhausted.  He has just had another tattoo done, immortalising his favourite girlfriend - moi! 


No comments:

Post a Comment