Thursday 29 March 2012

Fanny goes Cottaging

Temperatures have been unseasonably warm around England.  Here in rural Wiltshire, I have been making the most of the sub-tropical weather (the thermometer hit 23c yesterday) by putting on a banana bikini and lying out on the lawn, sipping Pimms and lemonade, and then not bothering to change before going shopping in Marlborough high street.

Given the weather, I have decided to go on a trip to Dorset, one of my favourite counties after Wiltshire.  And I have decided also to go Cottaging whilst there.  I don't know if you know anything any Cottaging.

It is a wonderful past-time of the English.  They do it all the time, although cottages are understandably becoming more rare.  I believe the renowned George Michael has engaged in cottaging, as have Sir John Gielgud and Ron Davies.  It is encouraged in certain circles.

Here are some pictures which better illustrate what Cottaging is all about and the type of Cottaging I shall be undertaking whilst in Dorset.    I shall be Cottaging as much as I can when there and I shall let you know what transpires.
 

1 comment: